If you find yourself tossing and turning at night, and you’re thinking about things to help you sleep, bed socks may be just the answer. We’re going to investigate the benefits of sleeping socks, and other remedies that will help you fall asleep.
- You may think wearing socks to bed is the ultimate passion killer, but according to some experts it’s known to encourage a good night’s sleep. Cosy cashmere bed socks are available for both men and women. The style most suited for sleeping is roll over top socks, with no elastic for maximum comfort. No more waking up with cold feet, I’ll take two pairs please.
- A warm relaxing bath eases the muscles better preparing you for a peaceful sleep. Add a relaxing bath oil to maximise the effects, and enjoy a long soak. Sounds good, right?
- The lavender plant is a well-known sleep aid, a spritz on your pillow will help calm the mind and relax the body. You can DIY and make your own spray with simply lavender oil and water.
- Do you take your tablet or smartphone to bed? Time to banish those electronics from the bedroom; this should be your sanctuary and place of rest. The only light you should have is a warm glow from a dimmed table lamp – not the blinding shine of your phone screen. Step away from the iPhone.
- A good mattress is a must. "Spend as much as you can afford," advises Andy Hills of And So To Bed. "The minimum should be about £700 on the mattress and bed base combined. It always strikes me as absurd that people will spend £3,000 or £4,000 on a sofa which they sit on for an hour or two some evenings, and much less than £1,000 on a bed where they will spend a crucial eight hours every night." That told us.
- Pure cotton fabrics whether it be pyjamas or bedsheets are lightweight and breathable allowing for better air circulation. Cotton has the ability to transfer moisture away from the skin, and being a natural fibre it’s also hypoallergenic which means it’s perfect for those prone to skin irritations and allergies.
So there it is your ultimate guide to a good night’s sleep. If you ever needed an excuse to treat yourself to pair of luxurious cashmere bed socks, this is it.